Making sure the walls stay put
Having a comprehensive geotechnical understanding of your quarry and a Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) is vital.
Unfortunately, much of the work conducted in this area seems to have been written more for a another geotechnical professional than for the site personnel who most need to work with it. We can help with technically competent, easy to understand and implementable recommendations.
Additionally, we ensure that our personnel are kept out of harm's way by mapping structures by drone rather than manually at the face (a dangerous practice that is banned on many sites).
Services we offer
- Slope failure remediation and stabilisation
- Geotechnical inspections and advisory services
- Geotechnical risk assessments
- Geotechnical incident investigations and ICAMs
- Advice for management of geotechnical hazards and slope failures
- Advice in relation to geotechnical instrumentation, monitoring and surveillance of geotechnical hazards
- Review of design performance
- Provision of an RPEQ (Mining-Geotechnical)
- Compliance audits (local regulatory compliance)
- Geotechnical management system reviews
- Open pit geotechnical design
- Stability analysis using LEA and FEA methods
- Pit slope stability assessment and design
- Waste dump stability and design
- Dewatering and depressurisation advice
- Geotechnical scoping, prefeasibility and feasibility studies
- Guidance for site investigations, field and laboratory testing
- UAV (drone) photogrammetry for exposure mapping and geotechnical characterisation
- Geological structure mapping and kinematic assessment
- Development of geotechnical models
- Third party and peer reviews.
Ground Control Management Plans (GCMP)
- Roles and responsibilities
- Trigger Action Plans (TARP)
- Monitoring systems etc.
- Geotechnical hazard awareness
- Geotechnical hazard identification, monitoring and management
- Tailored technical training for mining geotechnical engineers.